There are numerous inventions in existence and one article or even lifetime is not enough to discuss about each and every one of them so for now we will leave it at that but their contribution is something that the whole world takes pride in recounting again and again.
Today we shall discuss about an interesting device that shaped the history of technology in the 1990s and has become a cultural phenomenon due to its revolutionary features.
Before we begin, let’s take a minute to congratulate some of the most brilliant minds on earth that made it possible for everyone to reap the benefits of their hard work and sweat and whose invaluable contribution is going to last till doom’s day.Brief Summary
It is the Universal Serial Bus (USB) that is going to be the topic of discussion for today which would stir the imagination of the younger generation that has taken to it like ducks to water.
USB is basically a cable which you can connect to numerous hardware and software devices without causing damage to anything which was met with a tremendous response during its launch but the distributors weren’t too confident about the idea.
It was in the 1990s when Ajay Bhatt, a well known software engineer who was working with Intel at the time suggested this idea about a connection cord that would universally connect to various software devices.
Although his idea was met with skepticism and ridicule, it did not deter him at the very least and he set to work on his project with a dedicated team of engineers who aided him for months.
Eventually, the device became a massive success and started spreading across United States and gradually shifted base to other countries as well such as UK, Canada, France, India and others.
The companies that aided in this venture were the best of the best anyone could think of like Compaq, Intel, Microsoft, IBM, Nortel, etc. to name a few and today it has become a regular device for the current generation.
Ways to Use
Let us take a look at some important ways on how to use a USB Flash Drive:
- There are times when you have to channelize your inner James Bond and none more so than your software device where the USB drive can be used like a key through which you can lock and unlock your system that would be impossible to access without it similar to a password
- You can scan your desktop computer for potential viruses with the AVG software through which the system can be revived
- Infinitikloud is one of the best among other USB Flash Drive that you can find where you can run applications and games at an excellent speed
- Files and documents that are confidential can be saved in the USB drive without any problem but be sure to encrypt it for good measure
- Once you install Parted Magic, a software that will help you reset passwords, you can be assured that your data is in safe hands